Okay, first I must explain what slacklining is. Basically, it seems to be what climbers do when they are waiting to climb. It's tightrope walking for climbers. They set up this 1" nylon strap betweeen two trees or rocks or whatever you've got and then they walk on it. It's not easy because it bounces and sways with you. In fact, if you are too slow the webbing just seems to vibrate even more. Obviously, I'm not giving a technical explanation -- so nobody bother to correct me, we non-slackliners don't care.
I have turned down many offers for free trampolines because I just don't see the need for one and I don't like the risk. But somehow when our back fence went up Steve had the workers dig two extra holes and then placed posts in them for slacklining. So that is how we plan to have our children's friends break their arms.
Anyways, the sun FINALLY came out and up came the slackline. It really is fun to watch the kids. Abby has finally learned to get on the line without any help, so she can practice anytime. Caleb still needs the bucket to get on, but is coming along nicely. The first few days of summer, Caleb would wake up and go straight to the backyard and try a few passes before coming in for breakfast.
It's crazy and unusual, but I still think it beats a trampoline.
0 comments:
Post a Comment