My dad turned 60 today! That's right Dad now all 4 people who read my blog know how old you are. So last weekend we went down and decided to take him on a "date" for his special birthday.
We gathered the kids together and took him out to eat at Kirts, the local hamburger joint. I haven't been there in probably 15 years. The kids couldn't believe we had kept them from something so good.
Next we went to Union Station in Ogden. We toured the Railroad Museum, the Browning Museum and the car museum. I was worried this would turn into a torture session instead of a present, but everything went pretty well. The model trains were definitely a hit. However, I am sure that Dad is glad he isn't 60 WITH little kids.
Love ya Dad! Look forward to many more birthdays together! Don't worry Mom, we'll take you out when you turn 60-- many, many years from now.
1 comments:
Oh man, now I am so craving some yummy food from Kirt's. Why can VA figure out how to have a good hamburger place like this or Arctic Circle? McD's doesn't cut it!
Post a Comment