Sunday, May 25, 2008

Family Vacation Time! YEAH!

It is time for our annual family reunion at Park City with the Porter Family. Grandma and Grandpa have a timeshare at Park City Mountainside. So each year we all head up and squish ourselves into the condo. Unfortunately, the kids are still in school this year so we can only come for a couple of days.

We stretched our vacation days by coming down early to Ogden. We spent Saturday at the new Salomon Center. We had a blast! They sent out some specials right before we got there so we decided to splurge and do all of the things we have wanted to do. First we went climbing at the climbing gym. It was great. There was a bouldering wall ( no ropes required ) and roped climbs of different lengths. Basically, the whole family was climbing and happy at the same time. Caleb attempted his first dyno (jumping from one hold to another) - check it out!



Seth and Caleb love to boulder. Seth would scamper up and then sit on the top enjoying the view-- King of the Hill!





The best part of the whole day was when we threw caution to the wind ( ha! ha!) and went off to IFly. This is a huge wind tunnel where you can simulate sky diving. Steve decided to finally try it out. We all sat through the training video and to my surprise Abby, Caleb and Seth were sad that they weren't going too. These kids must not have any of my genes!


As we watched Steve, I kept questioning the kids if it still looked tempting. Finally, I decided that we will never do it again and this was vacation so why not! I signed the three of them up for the next group. They loved it and did really well. Unfortunately, Abby now insists she wants to jump out of a real plane. Not on my watch...


The order of the video is Steve, Seth ( check out the great Super Man jump), Abby and Caleb.




Hannah turned to me during the training video and said "I don't have to fly -- do I?" I felt the same way.


1 comments:

Andrea said...

I can't believe the courage and sense of adventure these kids have packed into such small bodies! Awesome job!