Sunday, September 14, 2008

A father's sacrifice








Sometimes, as a father, you have to take time to do things with your kids. Yes, this can be a sacrifice, but they need that time with their father. Luckily for me, the brainwashing has worked. A couple weekends ago, I took Abby and along with her friend Carley and her dad, Gary, we went camping and climbing at City of Rocks. We had lots of fun together, and when Abby and Carley tired of their dads they could run around together.


Not wanting to boys to feel neglected, I promised them a trip too. So yesterday I took Caleb and Seth, along with our friend Nate and his sons, Sagin and Jaden, hiking at Grand Targhee. This was kind of a cheater hike, we gained almost all the elevation in the car and on the chairlift. We hiked along where we'd skied last winter, and over to Mary's (anatomical description censored) and another peak. Nate and I could look directly over at the scene of our previous failure on the Grand Teton. The boys had a great time, although Caleb and Sagin seemed to be competing for slowest, most distracted hiker.

0 comments: